Converting mutual funds to demat form?

Hi everyone. My father has invested in few mutual funds and he has the paper certificates for those. Now, he wants to convert that mf to online/demat form. What is the procedure? Has anyone gone through this process? TIA

Hi Rajesh.

In order to convert your physical mutual funds to demat form, you have to ask your demat provider (depository participant) for a dematerialization request form (DRF). Fill and sign the form and attach the account statement of your mutual funds as a proof (name and other details should be exactly the same on your mutual fund receipt and demat account info) and submit it to the depository participant.

I hope it helps. Cheers!!

In addition, here’s a link of answer to few of the most frequently asked question on this topic--