Feel free to ask basic questions.

Hi there,

This forum is created for all those who want to learn to invest. Even if you feel that your question may sound ‘stupid’, still ask it out loud. Your questions won’t get answered until you ask it.

Further, get engaged in the discussions. If you are unable to understand a post or discussion, comment it out. Everyone’s here only to help you out.

Warm Regards,
Kritesh Abhishek

When I purchase stocks eg 10 xyz stock my broker purchase it in two splits i.e 8 & 2 why?

It’s to create a match (demand and supply). If the complete lot that you applied is not available for the transaction at the moment, then they might split it. > @jasokan said:

When I purchase stocks eg 10 xyz stock my broker purchase it in two splits i.e 8 & 2 why?

Number of days in working capital …why it is negative for some stocks and what it means ???

@shivami123 said:
Number of days in working capital …why it is negative for some stocks and what it means ???

I think you are referring to ‘Days working capital’ here. It is the ratio of working capital to sales. The formula is:

Days Working Capital = (Average Working Capital x 365)/Annual Sales Revenue

It is used to describe how many days it takes for a company to convert its working capital into revenue. The company with the higher ratio is generally the more inefficient.

Further, different industries have different working capital standards. So, if you can give me the examples of the companies you are referring above, I can explain further,

I hope it helps. Cheers!

How one can get historical p/e ratio of a particular stock?

@shib said:
How one can get historical p/e ratio of a particular stock?

You can get historical PE ratio of a particular stock on EquityMaster Website: https://www.equitymaster.com.

Here are the steps to get the historical PE:

1. Go to equitymaster website.
  2. Get the quote of a stock by entering in the stock search bar.
  3. Select 5-Yr Analysis (factsheet) on the Right Sidebar.
  4. You’ll get the historical avg PE ratio.

I hope it helps. Cheers!

I want to submit article on best stock screener! can you please let me know how to post on your site.

@Harsh said:
I want to submit article on best stock screener! can you please let me know how to post on your site.

Hi! You can share the article at kritesh@tradebrains.in If the article is beneficial for the readers, I’ll publish the article (giving you full credits). Cheers!