Yes, India’s largest insurance company is going public soon as announced by Nirmala Sitharaman in the budget 2020 by the second half of this year.
Date of IPO - Yet to be Decided
Interesting Facts About LIC:
- Founded: 1 September 1956
- Total Assets: 31.12 lakh crores INR (US$450 billion, 2019)
- Offers 28 crore policies equalling a sum assured of Rs. 45 lac crores.
- Annual premium receivable was Rs. 2 lac crores in the financial year 2018-19.
- It had investments valued at Rs. 30 lac crores as on March 31st, 2019.
This has to be one of the biggest IPO in recent times. Looking forward…