Who gets dividend in case shares are bought on ex-date?

Please explain ex-date and record dates.

In order to be able to get the dividend, you need to purchase the stock ‘before’ the ex-dividend date.

You won’t be eligible to get dividends if you bought that stock on or after the ex-dividend dates.

Here are the four main days related to dividends that you should know–

Read more here: Dividend Dates Explained – Must Know Dates for Investors

I hope it helps. #HappyInvesting

If I buy stock 1 day before ex- dividend date and sale it 1 day after ex-dividend date , will I be able to receive dividend ? Also what would be the case for bonus declaration if I do similar transaction?

The risk of stock price remains while doing such transaction. Please consider same buy and sell price with zero transaction charges.(apart from tax’s)

@sachinpatil said:
If I buy stock 1 day before ex- dividend date and sale it 1 day after ex-dividend date , will I be able to receive dividend ? Also what would be the case for bonus declaration if I do similar transaction?

The risk of stock price remains while doing such transaction. Please consider same buy and sell price with zero transaction charges.(apart from tax’s)

Yes, if you buy the stock before the ex-dividend date, you’ll be eligible to get the dividends no matter when you sell the stock (even you can sell the stock on the ex-dividend date).

This is because, since this date, the exchange sets up a ‚ÄòNo Delivery‚Äô period for that stock. During this period, trading is permitted in the stock, but these trades are settled only after the no-delivery period is over. Therefore, if you buy the stock on/after the ex-dividend date, you won’t be on the company’s record book and hence, won’t get the shares.

The bonus declaration also follows the same procedure (ex-bonus date).