Zerodha - Discount broker

Hi there,

In this thread, we’ll discuss all the questions regarding Zerodha, discount broker.

I’ve been using Zerodha as my broker for over three years now and therefore, I am confident that I can help you answer all the questions regarding this stockbroker if you have any.

A few quick notes regarding Zerodha:

Zerodha Brokerage Charges

Zerodha offers trading services to buy and sell stocks, futures & options in equities, commodities, and currency segment. Here are the Zerodha brokerage charges:

– Free equity delivery: All your equity delivery investments (NSE, BSE), absolutely free — ₹0 brokerage.

– ₹20 intraday equity and F&O trades: ₹20 or 0.01% (whichever is lower) per executed order on intraday trades across equity, currency, and commodity trades across NSE, BSE, and MCX.

Zerodha Account Opening Charges & AMC

Here are the account opening charges for Zerodha

1. Equity Trading Account: ₹300
  2. Commodity Account:₹200

If you want to trade in both equity and commodity, then you need to pay an account opening charge of Rs 300+Rs 200 = Rs 500. Anyways, if you are just interested in trading in stocks i.e. equities, you can open demat and trading for equity account only at Rs 300. The demat account annual maintenance (AMC) charge is Rs 300 per year.

If you want to open a new account with Zerodha, here’s a quick link.

Documents required to open your account

PAN CARD, Aadhar Card, 2 Passport size photos, Canceled cheque/ Saving bank account passbook .

In addition, you can also read my detailed review on Zerodha here.

Cheers,
Kritesh

Zerodha is a good broker for average investors. Low brokerage, fast trading platform.